February 10, 2011

I drew thee to my valentine...



For a while now, I have felt the need to create some pretty whimsies that would tempt and tease the senses as well as lift the spirits. Amongst my vast array of French textiles, I came across some very beautiful pieces of late 19th century French floral linen that I had purchased some months back. Even the smallest pieces of antique textiles can inspire decorative and creative ideas!

With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I set about creating some heart ornaments that would conjure images of romance and a little extravagance without being overwhelming. The simple floral design is as inviting today as it was back in the late 19th century. I spent a few hours playing with an assortment of pretty ribbons, buttons, beads and brooches and decided on vintage diamante buttons and crystal and pearl beads. The ribbon is a buttery cream organza that glimmers in the sunlight. They are soft and cushiony and contain the best French lavender I could find; the lavender not only smells wonderful but it protects the linen too.

A token of love best served with perhaps a hand written poem...


The rose is red, the violet's blue
,
The honey's sweet, and so are you

Thou are my love and I am thine

I drew thee to my Valentine

The lot was cast and then I drew

And Fortune said it shou'd be you.

With love


Eliza
jo@eliza-interiors-and-design.com

On sale at Shabby Rose, 211 Midway,
Old Town Spring, Texas
281 528 9797



No comments:

Post a Comment